Today we talk with Kenneth Kiesler about rehearsal technique and priorities, the things that he looks for in an audition candidate, and his workshop on the new critical edition of Appalchian Spring.
Today you will learn:
- The mistakes in Appalchian Spring that Copland never fixed
- How to fix details in rehearsal without ever addressing the details
- Why young conductors tend to avoid the standard repertoire
- What you can learn from watching a guest conductor work with your ensemble
- What to do when conducting an orchestra that already knows the music
Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram at @PodiumTimePod, and continue the conversation in our Facebook Group, the Podium Time Inner Circle. If you’d like to support the podcast and get bonus content, consider joining our Patreon community at Patreon.com/PodiumTimePod.