What does it really take to be a successful conductor? Today, Tito Muñoz walks us through why technique is the least important thing that we need on and off the podium. He walks us through his definition of musicianship and how we can develop it, and why leadership is the most important skill we can build.
You will learn:
- Why David Zinman was happy to accept musicians to his conducting program with no conducting experience
- How Paavo Järvi taught what was actually important for being a conductor
- What an audition can teach you about the job you’re shooting for
- How to start feeling like a conductor instead of a student
- And why Tito’s audition for his future studios includes absolutely no conducting
Connect with us on Facebook,Twitter, and Instagram at @PodiumTimePod, and continue the conversation in our Facebook Group, the Podium Time Inner Circle. If you’d like to support the podcast monetarily and get bonus content, consider joining our Patreon community at Patreon.com/PodiumTimePod.