On a reference from not one, but two of our listeners, we are speaking this week with Michael Isadore! Michael is a busy conductor, teacher, educator, and performer who leads players of all ages and experiences. We discuss teaching strings when you’re not a string player, why you should always play your instrument, and dealing with the “educator” stigma in our conducting culture.
This week we discuss:
- Benefits of continuing to play your instrument
- On studying scores
- Teaching/conducting at different levels
- Wind players teaching strings
- Carl St. Clair
- Michael’s Path to the Podium
- The “Educator” Stigma
- Shaping the sound of the orchestra
- On programming for youth groups
- Kevin Noe
- Michael’s other hobbies
- Conducting and the martial arts
- Michael’s Billboards
Find thConnect with us on Facebook,Twitter, and Instagram at @PodiumTimePod, and continue the conversation in our Facebook Group, the Podium Time Inner Circle. If you’d like to support the podcast monetarily and get bonus content, consider joining our Patreon community at Patreon.com/PodiumTimePod.