The title explains it all! Today we are incredibly excited to feature as our first return guest on the Podium Time Podcast: the incredible JoAnn Falletta! This week, JoAnn talks with us about how she schedules her study for concerts 1 year out and 1 week out, the many shades of leadership on the podium, and how you are always learning from the orchestra.
This week we discuss:
- Listener Questions:
- Preparing a score for the second time
- Scheduling study time
- Leading the orchestra by following
- On rejection and “failure”
- The beauty of volunteer players
- JoAnn’s most important teachers
- The musicians are always teaching you
- Juggling focus while conducting
- On your authority as conductor
- Recognizing the orchestra
- JoAnn’s poetry and hobbies
- JoAnn’s Billboard
Connect with us on Facebook,Twitter, and Instagram at @PodiumTimePod, and continue the conversation in our Facebook Group, the Podium Time Inner Circle. If you’d like to support the podcast monetarily and get bonus content, consider joining our Patreon community at Patreon.com/PodiumTimePod.