Today we talk with Emilio Guarino about his book “Make It: A Guide for Recent Music Graduates,” as well as some of our biggest mistakes in advertising and thinking about our events. How can we create a shared experience and attract audiences that don’t know anything about our music? We share some ideas in this interview.
This week we discuss:
- The Chromatic Endpin
- The Entrepreneurial Musician (one of Jeremy’s favorite podcasts)
- Make It: A Guide for Recent Music Graduates
- The “Real World” and Accountability
- Building Habits and Breaking down Goals
- The “Sticker Project”
- Mistakes from Students Fresh out of School
- Creating a Shared Experience
- Advertising Done Right
- Classical Concerts vs. Movies
- The Conductor that Ticks Everybody Off…
You can reach Emilio at his website, www.emilioguarino.com, or on instagram at @Emiliothink
Connect with us on Facebook,Twitter, and Instagram at @PodiumTimePod, and continue the conversation in our Facebook Group, the Podium Time Inner Circle. If you’d like to support the podcast monetarily and get bonus content, consider joining our Patreon community at Patreon.com/PodiumTimePod.