Today we discuss:
- How Enrico came to specialize in pops and family programming (3:23)
- How Enrico structures a Pops season and how the Nashville Symphony competes with all the other music available in Nashville. (6:24)
- Enrico shares his process for creating family concerts and the goals behind them (18:07)
- How Symphonica productions is helping orchestras build audiences for the future (28:58)
- Advice on how regional, community, and educational directors can improv their pops and family programming (36:30)
- Enrico’s Final Advice: Don’t treat pops or family as lesser than classics (49:24)
- Gem and Billboard (55:40): Lucía, by Vinicio Meza
(Note: timecodes may be up to two minutes off, depending on pre-episode announcements.)
Visit Enrico on his website, or click below to learn more about The Upbeat Podcast, Everything Conducting, and Symphonica Productions.
Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram at @PodiumTimePod, and continue the conversation in our Facebook Group, the Podium Time Inner Circle. Want to send us an email? Use the contact page on our website! If you’d like to support the podcast monetarily and get bonus content, consider joining our Patreon community at Patreon.com/PodiumTimePod.