Today, we talk about what conductors and musical leaders can do to connect with audiences and welcome new people into the concert hall.
This is part two of our talk with Aubrey Bergauer about Building Back Audiences. Part one was about the state of the classical music industry and what changes institutions can make to help build audiences.
Podcast Interview with Aubrey Bergauer:
Learn more about Aubrey and her work on building back classical music audiences at AubreyBergauer.com
Video Interview with Aubrey Bergauer:
In this Episode:
Note: timecodes may be up to 2 minutes off depending on pre-roll audio.
- 01:27 – How can conductors make our concerts more accessible to newcomers?
- 10:30 – How conductors can engage with the community
- 14:01 – Shortcomings of music education
- 20:47 – Advice Aubrey wishes she’d received 10 years ago
- 23:31 – Summary and next steps for listeners
- 26:09 – Plugs
- 26:27 – Aubrey’s Hidden Gem
- 27:36 – Aubrey’s Billboard message to all musical leaders
- 28:22 – Outro
Connect with us:
Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram at @PodiumTimePod, and continue the conversation in our Facebook Group, the Podium Time Inner Circle. Want to send us an email? Use the contact page on our website! If you’d like to support the podcast monetarily and get bonus content, consider joining our Patreon community at Patreon.com/PodiumTimePod.