This course is incredible, and I couldn’t wait to share everything that I learned with Luke and the rest of our patrons and listeners. Today, I’m walking Luke, and you, through everything that I got from Markand Thakar’s “Make Beautiful Music” online course. Be sure to check it out, then sign up before the final spots for classes starting October have been filled!
- Markand’s philosophy of the Transcendent Experience and how we can best make them possible for our audiences (03:18)
- An example of how energy plays into the analysis and performance of a short piece, and hear Jeremy sing Lightly Row (11:06)
- Practical lessons on the function of tempo and tension (18:53)
- Practical lessons on hearing, practicing, and fixing balance (30:10)
- Final notes on score study and how an understanding of energy helps to connect all the parts of an entire movement (35:31)
- Closing thoughts on asking the right questions and the value of the course (37:26)
Links from this episode:
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/PodiumTimePod
- Make Beautiful Music class: https://www.thebco.org/conducting/makebeautifulmusic/index.html
- The Bowmakers Documentary (available September 12-20, 2020): http://osscs.org/
Find this and all other episodes at PodiumTimePod.com. Subscribe and download Podium Time on your favorite podcast player and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram at @PodiumTimePod. You can also join our Facebook Group, the Podium Time Inner Circle to ask questions and continue the conversation after every episode. If you’d like to support the podcast monetarily and get bonus content, consider joining our Patreon community at Patreon.com/PodiumTimePod. If you’re in the market for a new baton, use our promo code “PodiumTime” at Pagubatons.com for 20% off your first order.