This week we talk with Mark Cedel about why he doesn’t like performing a work for the 2nd time, what you can learn from a bad teacher, and why he fears the Copland Clarinet Concerto.
This week we discuss:
- Mark’s path to the podium
- The best advice for before you become a conductor
- Never forget that you are a member of the orchestra
- How Mark helped transform the University of Georgia Orchestras
- Why the first concert is the easiest to program for
- “Mark the macro, but know the micro.”
- You can make a mistake, but only do it once
- The greatest joy of conducting is not conducting
- Hidden Gems
- Mark’s Billboard
Connect with us on Facebook,Twitter, and Instagram at @PodiumTimePod, and continue the conversation in our Facebook Group, the Podium Time Inner Circle. If you’d like to support the podcast monetarily and get bonus content, consider joining our Patreon community at Patreon.com/PodiumTimePod.