A violin is a violin, but no two singers are the same. Today we talk with Gianmaria Griglio about the importance of imagination, the most important aspect of score study, and how we expect people to listen to concerts.
This week we discuss:
- Music education in the U.S. and Europe
- On conducting opera
- Conductor mistakes
- The most important thing
- The people in the orchestra are not stupid
- A violin is a violin everywhere, but a singer…
- On opera rehearsals
- Admired figures
- Balancing conducting and composition
- A brief rant on contemporary music
Find this and allConnect with us on Facebook,Twitter, and Instagram at @PodiumTimePod, and continue the conversation in our Facebook Group, the Podium Time Inner Circle. If you’d like to support the podcast monetarily and get bonus content, consider joining our Patreon community at Patreon.com/PodiumTimePod.